Straight answers to some questions we get all the time.
Frequently asked questions
The right timing
Can it be too early to call in the Cavalry?
The earlier we get on board, the bigger the impact of our support can be on the success of your company.
This is why we try to be among the first investors in your startup. Our initial investment (in 99% of the cases) takes place at the Angel or Seed stage and we look forward to support you in building your business from day one!
Read more about our value add approach.
- Is it ever too late to call in the Cavalry?
The Cavalry approach
What is your investment focus?
We invest in digital businesses across sectors with a focus German and European based companies.
We don’t necessarily have a focus theme, but like to invest in teams that have a big vision, that want to have an impact and are either defining their own industry or are drastically changing the way business is done in a large existing market.
Read more about what we are looking for in a company.
- What are your investment decisions based on?
- What do you look for in a founding team?
Founder friendly terms
How much do you typically invest?
Our preferred initial investment is EUR 500k. We assess every investment opportunity individually though, so there is some jiggle room on both ends of the scale.
And we of course reserve funds for follow-on investments.
- Do you have a strict ownership requirement?
- Does Cavalry need to lead the round?
- How about follow-on funding?
Riding with the Cavalry
How do I get in touch as an entrepreneur?
First, we encourage every startup to think about why we’re compatible before reaching out to us. Have a look on our philosophy and previous investments to be convinced that there is a fit between the two of us.
Secondly, we highly value referrals from our network and always give priority to investment opportunities we receive through a warm intro.
Make an effort and get an introduction!
This is why we ask every founder to not approach us cold.
If you still do, please don’t take it personal if we don’t respond. Ultimately, all comes down to focus.
- What materials should I send?
- What’s your investment procedure and how long does it take?
- Do you sign NDAs?
- What's the assumption behind your operations-driven approach?
- What support can I expect beyond money?
- Do you take a board seat?
- Where are you based?
- How many investments do you make?
- How big is your fund?
- Who are the investors behind Cavalry?
- How do I get in touch if I am an investor?
- How do I get in touch if I want to become part of the team?
- How do I get in touch if I want to work with one of your portfolio companies?
- How do I get in touch if I am press?