Communications Lead (m/f/d)
In 2016 we set out to build the kind of venture capital fund we always wanted as founders ourselves. Since then, we have invested in some of the top Europe-based digital companies such as McMakler, REKKI, Planradar or BRYTER and contribute our experience as founders and investors to the companies’ success. We do so to become the leading early-stage VC fund in Europe.
You will be part of a growing rockstar team in the heart of Berlin (Mitte) with a dynamic, ambitious yet cooperative and genuine culture. We foster the development of our employees so that you’ll have direct exposure to our business partners and portfolio companies. You’ll find encouragement and freedom to address and structure your own projects proactively and independently. In order to allow for a good balance, we offer various perks.
- Develop the Cavalry communications and PR strategy in close collaboration with the founding team,
- Lead and extend Cavalry communications across all channels,
- Act as a link between Cavalry and its PR firm,
- Develop and nurture a network of contacts to acquire speaking slots and placements for Cavalry at key events,
- Leverage relationships to journalists and media outlets to position Cavalry and its portfolio companies,
- Actively network with PR, Marketing or similar functions of other venture funds,
- Collaborate with Cavalry colleagues on events or dinners and develop new formats.
- An excellent university degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Media or Journalism or another relevant field,
- 3 to 5 years of work experience as a Communications Manager or similar in a PR firm or late-stage startup is required,
- A good understanding of storytelling, experience in strategic positioning and messaging around a company’s value proposition,
- An excellent view of the tech/startup domain, especially related to venture capital and associated press landscape is a big plus,
- Strong, respected relationships with press/reporters/media, established contacts in Germany are a bonus,
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and German,
- A thorough work ethic and a high sense of ownership,
- A creative-thinking and problem-solving mindset, hands-on attitude,
- You are a reliable sparring partner who enjoys winning your colleagues with facts and who voices his/her opinion constructively.
What’s in it for you:
- You will become an expert in all communications-related topics in the startup scene.
- You will tap into our portfolio of highly dynamic and fast-growing startups. You will support and advise them in their communications. Over time, you will work conceptionally with the founders and communications departments of the companies to support the develop of their communication strategies and help them being implemented.
- In consequence, you will become highly networked to some of the best founders in the European tech scene, to relevant journalists and the media.
To apply, please reach out to email@example.com, send your CV and clearly lay out the projects you have contributed to, your responsibilities in those and the outcomes of these projects. Additionally, please provide us with your earliest starting date and salary expectations.