Senior Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
In 2016, we set out to build that kind of venture capital fund we always wanted as founders ourselves. Since then, we have invested in some of the most dynamic digital companies out of Europe such as McMakler, FreightHub or Bryter and contribute our experience as founders and investors to the companies’ success. We do so to become the leading early-stage VC fund in Europe.
You will be the first legal counsel of our firm and will be part of a team in the heart of Berlin (Mitte) with a dynamic, ambitious yet cooperative and genuine culture. We foster the (entrepreneurial) development of our employees so that you’ll have direct exposure to our business partners and portfolio companies and you’ll find encouragement and freedom to address and structure your own projects proactively and independently. The position is designed to support your growth into a central role of our fund’s operations as General Counsel. In order to allow for a good balance, we offer various perks.
- Structure, execute and review the legal documentation of equity and mezzanine financing rounds according to the intended business dynamics,
- Work with Cavalry’s external law firms to execute investments, also internationally to develop a good understanding of corporate law in the main European markets and the US,
- Create due diligence reports on legal topics, identify risk factors and develop solutions if needed,
- Participate in negotiations and handle legal aspects of the transactions,
- Counsel Cavalry on legal matters of the fund’s administration and daily operations,
- Occasionally provide legal advice to the founders of our portfolio companies,
- Design and iterate on templates for recurring topics such as investment and shareholder agreements, employee option pools, employment contracts and (semi-)automate processes.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate include:
- You are a qualified lawyer and you have worked with a preeminent law firm that serves the venture capital sector or you have gained in-house experience with another venture capital fund or startup,
- An excellent understanding of the tech domain and associated industry standards for German corporate law and all associated documentation is mandatory,
- You have an excellent academic background and excel when handling complex situations,
- We expect outstanding communication skills, a thorough work ethic, a high sense of ownership, and fluency in both English and German.
To apply, please reach out to email@example.com, send your CV and clearly lay out the projects you have contributed to, your responsibilities in those and the outcomes of these projects. Additionally, please provide us with your earliest starting date and salary expectations.